Makes six 1lb jars
• 4lb strawberries – they are best small & firm.
• tbsp lemon juice
• 3½lb sugar (it helps if you warm it first on a baking tray – just a little)
1. Hull the strawberries. Place a small amount into a preserving pan and crush them.
2. Add the rest of the fruit and the lemon juice.
3. Add the warmed sugar and then heat and stir slowly to draw out the juice and dissolve the sugar.
4. Boil quickly until the setting point is reached.
5. Skim if necessary and let the jam cool until a skin forms on the surface. Stir gently.
6. Pour into sterilised jars and seal.