Makes six 1lb jars
• 4lb strawberries – they are best small & firm.
• tbsp lemon juice
• 3½lb sugar (it helps if you warm it first on a baking tray – just a little)
- Hull the strawberries. Place a small amount into a preserving pan and crush them.
- Add the rest of the fruit and the lemon juice.
- Add the warmed sugar and then heat and stir slowly to draw out the juice and dissolve the sugar.
- Boil quickly until the setting point is reached.
- Skim if necessary and let the jam cool until a skin forms on the surface. Stir gently.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.