A refreshing summer drink!
Makes approx 3 pints.
Preparation time 15 minutes plus 1 hour standing
A less alcoholic version can be made using half cider and half lemonade.
- 450g strawberries
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 litre of sweet cider
- Mint to garnish
- Ice cubes
- Hull the strawberries.
- Rinse and drain them if needed.
- Place in a bowl and bruise them slightly with a wooden spoon.
- Large strawberries should be cut into smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar & orange juice.
- Leave for an hour and then place in a large jug.
- Fill the jug with cider & add ice.
- Garnish with mint.