By Jan (Strawberry Fields Restaurant)
- 1 table spoon of melted butter
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 1 heaped table spoon of self raising flour
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of milk
- Oven – 180c / gas mark 4
- Blend together the butter, sugar, flour, egg yolks, juice and grated zest of a lemon.
- Add milk.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Pour into 6 inch casserole type dish.
- Place in a bain marie and bake for approx 40 minutes until golden & custard has set under the sponge.
- Serve with cream.