Now that the risk of frost has passed it is now time to plant out tender bedding plants and annuals ready for beautiful summer displays.
June is a very busy month in the gardening calendar with vegetables, fruit, pots, planters and baskets needing regular feeding and watering.
- First crops from the vegetable patch are ready for harvesting and you will need to keep sowing lettuces and other crops to ensure a season long supply.
- Keep slugs and snails at bay, especially around hostas.
- Continue to mow and feed the lawn to make sure it’s looking its best.
- Use a liquid feed to feed spring flowering bulbs to help them prepare for next years show.
- Keep fruit and vegetables well watered.
- When planting up containers mix in water saving gel and slow release feed tablets.
- Prepare for the winter season by sowing winter flowering Pansies, Wallflowers and Sweet William in trays of seed sowing compost.
- Lift and divide overgrown bulbs like daffodils.
- Earth up potatoes to ensure a bumper crop.