- 250g pack of Halloumi cheese
- 3 ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons of groundnut oil
- 3 red or white chicory
- 2 red onions
- 1 cherry bomb or standard red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped
- 20g of coriander – roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons of Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of clear honey
- Make the fiery dressing by mixing the chilli, coriander, rice vinegar and honey in a small jug.
- Cut each peach half into 5 wedges, pat the cheese dry and slice into thin slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of the oil in the large frying and fry the cheese for 30 seconds on each side until lightly coloured.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the chicory and onions and fry quickly over a high heat, stirring for 1 – 2 minutes until beginning to colour. Spoon onto some kitchen roll and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the peach wedges and fry for 1 minute on each side until slightly softened.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a warm salad bowl. Pour the dressing over and serve with fresh bread.