Serves 8 people
- 225g crushed digestive biscuits
- 75g melted butter
- 450g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 75g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g Crème Fraiche
- 400g strawberries – hulled and halved
- 3tbs redcurrant jelly
- Preheat oven to 170c / 325F / gas mark 3
- Mix the crushed digestive biscuits and butter together until thoroughly blended and then press into a 25cm spring form cake tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft and then beat in the vanilla essence & eggs until well blended. Add the sugar and crème fraiche and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Spoon the filling onto the base. Put back into the oven at the same temperature & bake for approx 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool and chill for 2 hours before removing the cake from the tin.
- Place the redcurrant jelly in a small pan with 2 teaspoons of water. Heat the mixture stirring until it dissolves. Brush half of it over the top of the cheesecake.
- Place the fresh strawberries on the top. Reheat the redcurrant glaze and brush the remainder over the strawberries.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.