- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A small handful of chives, chopped
- A small handful of tarragon, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 250g asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved or as an alternative use sugar-snap peas or mangetout.
- 12-16 scallops (white part only)
- A large knob of butter
- In a bowl, whisk 3 tbsp of the oil with the vinegar and half the herbs, then add salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the asparagus and beans/sugar snap/mange tout until just soft – about 4 minutes.
- Toss with the dressing, then put on the plates.
- Heat the final tbsp of oil in the pan and fry the scallops for 2 minutes.
- Turn, add the butter, then fry for 2 minutes more until just cooked through.
- Divide between plates, scatter with the remaining herbs and add salt and pepper.