4 Satsuma’s or Clementine’s
4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
200g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
Pinch of baking powder
Juice and zest of an orange
1. Thinly slice the Satsuma’s and boil for 3 mins. With a slotted spoon carefully place into a tray. Allow to cool.
2. In a spring cake tin, line the base and halfway up side of the tin, with greaseproof paper.
3. From the middle, lay the Satsuma slices neatly across the base. Then pour over the Golden Syrup.
4. Pre heat an oven 180c.
5. For the sponge, cream together the butter and sugar to a creamy white consistency. Add the zest.
6. Slowly beat in one egg at a time. Gently fold in the flour and baking powder. Fold in the juice. Pour mix over the Satsuma’s and syrup, bake for 35-40 mins.
7. Rest for 15 mins before turning upside down and releasing the springs. Peel off the greaseproof paper.