The rhubarb fool is very straightforward and easy to make. It is an impressive dessert even if it is fairly calorie laden! It is a tasty fruity to herald the commencement of Spring.
- 400g rhubarb stalks
- 60g caster sugar
- Jice & grated rind of 1 orange
- 250ml of whipping cream
- Trim and clean the ends of the rhubarb stalks. Cut the stalks into 1 inch (2.5cm) chunks.
- Put in a pan with the sugar, orange juice and grated rind. Cover and simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly. The rhubarb should be soft, but not mushy.
- Taste the rhubarb and add more sugar, if needed. Allow the rhubarb to cool completely.
- Once the the rhubarb is cold, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the rhubarb mixture into the cream gently, so the cream doesn’t lose its volume.
- Serve in individual glasses or bowls.