Now that the risk of frost has passed it is now time to plant out tender bedding plants and annuals ready for beautiful summer displays.
June is a very busy month in the gardening calendar with vegetables, fruit, pots, planters and baskets needing regular feeding and watering.
- First crops from the vegetable patch are ready for harvesting and you will need to keep sowing lettuces and other crops to ensure a season long supply.
- Keep slugs and snails at bay, especially around hostas.
- Continue to mow and feed the lawn to make sure it’s looking its best.
- Use a liquid feed to feed spring flowering bulbs to help them prepare for next years show.
- Keep fruit and vegetables well watered.
- When planting up containers mix in water saving gel and slow release feed tablets.
- Prepare for the winter season by sowing winter flowering Pansies, Wallflowers and Sweet William in trays of seed sowing compost.
- Lift and divide overgrown bulbs like daffodils.
- Earth up potatoes to ensure a bumper crop.
Expert help on hand
Don’t forget, our team is always on hand to answer any questions you may have about getting the best out of any plants you buy at our Garden Centre. If you want directions for finding us (we are only minutes from Wrexham and Chester), take a look at our map.