Containers and hanging baskets are in their prime and perennials are covered in blooms. Your garden should be a blooming beautiful display of colour.
- Remember to keep on top of the watering. If there has been very little rain you may well need to give beds and borders a good drink. Keep watering vegetables too, particularly those in containers.
- Trees that have been recently planted, even up to two years ago, need careful attention if the weather is hot and dry.
- If the weather is hot and dry some rose varieties and shrubs can quickly succumb to mildew.
- New potatoes will need lifting.
- Crops such as tomatoes will need increased watering and feeding.
- Keep the fruit garden well weeded so that the weeds do not compete with your plants for vital moisture and nutrients.
- Clear away crops that have come to an end, fertilise soil and start replacing with new crops.
Enjoy your garden this summer!