5th February is “Nutella Day”
125g Soft butter
2 large ripe bananas
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
150g milk chocolate to be melted for topping.
1. In a large bowl cream together the eggs, butter and sugar, then fold in the mashed banana and the nutella.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the milk and baking soda and blend well.
3. Sift the flour and the baking powder into another bowl.
4. Now blend alternatively part of the milk mixture and part of the flour mixture into the creamed banana mixture until everything is combined.
5. Pour the mixture into greased tins or cases and bake at 180 C or gas mark 6 for 25 – 30 mins. Check the muffins are cooked by inserting a metal skewer to ensure it comes out clean. Bring them out and let them cool completely.
6. Decorate with melted chocolate.