1 Bramley apples
700ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of mild curry powder/paste
Salt and pepper to season
1 teaspoon of olive or vegetable oil
1 small knob of butter
Fresh coriander or parsley to garnish.
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large pan. Add the chopped onion.
2. Peel the apple and remove the cores chop into small cubes and add to the pan.
3. Peel the parsnips and chop into small cubes and also add to the pan and cook together with the apple for aprox two mins.
4. Add the curry powder/paste and cook for a further minute ensuring all mixed in thoroughly.
5. Add all the vegetable stock and milk, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and liquidize with a food processor or hand blender.
7. Return to the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
8. Serve with chopped fresh parsley or coriander sprinkled on the top and fresh crusty bread.