250g pack of Halloumi cheese
3 ripe peaches
2 tablespoons of groundnut oil
3 red or white chicory
2 red onions
1 cherry bomb or standard red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped
20g of coriander – roughly chopped
5 tablespoons of Japanese rice vinegar
2 tablespoons of clear honey
1. Make the fiery dressing by mixing the chilli, coriander, rice vinegar and honey in a small jug.
2. Cut each peach half into 5 wedges, pat the cheese dry and slice into thin slices.
3. Heat 1 tablespoons of the oil in the large frying and fry the cheese for 30 seconds on each side until lightly coloured. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the chicory and onions and fry quickly over a high heat, stirring for 1 – 2 minutes until beginning to colour. Spoon onto some kitchen roll and keep warm.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the peach wedges and fry for 1 minute on each side until slightly softened.
6. Toss all the ingredients together in a warm salad bowl. Pour the dressing over and serve with fresh bread.