Very simple and tasty canapés.
8 ripe figs
Packet of Prosciutto
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black paper
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
20 mint leaves, roughly chopped
20 leaves of purple or green basil, torn
1. Slice the mozzarella into 5mm thick rounds, then quarter.
2. Top and tail the figs, then cut into quarters.
3. Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make up the marinade.
4. Arrange the figs in the centre of a shallow dish, sprinkle over the thyme and lemon zest, then pour over and leave for at least 15 minutes.
5. When ready to serve wrap each fig quarter in some prosciutto, mix the chopped mint with the mozzarella then season.
6. Arrange the minted mozzarella around the top of the figs, scatter over the remaining herbs and drizzle with a little olive oil.